Re: Enhanced containment selectivity function

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Enhanced containment selectivity function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Matteo Beccati wrote:
> Bruce Momjian ha scritto:
> > Your patch has been added to the PostgreSQL unapplied patches list at:
> >
> >     http://momjian.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/pgpatches
> >
> > It will be applied as soon as one of the PostgreSQL committers reviews
> > and approves it.
>
> Great. I would just like to remind that Tom said:
>
> > I'd be willing to consider exporting those functions from selfuncs.c.
>
> so that the selector function could be moved to contrib/ltree, which is
> its natural place.
>
> It could also be noted that a similar feature could be useful outside
> ltree: I guess there are plenty of cases when scanning statistics would
> give a better result than using a constant selectivity.

Yes, I talked to Tom today about moving that stuff into /contrib.  I
will work on the patch to do that.

--  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us SRA OSS, Inc.   http://www.sraoss.com

От: Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Сообщение: random observations while testing with a 1,8B row table