Re: Schema is Missing

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Schema is Missing
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 12:57:17PM -0500, Ron St-Pierre wrote:
> We received the following error on our development server this
> morning (postgresql 7.4.1, debian woody):

That's pretty old.  If you must run 7.4 then at least consider
upgrading to the latest minor release, currently 7.4.12.  Lots of
bugs have been fixed since 7.4.1.

>    org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: schema "customer" does not exist

When was the last time you know the schema existed?  Have you been
doing database-wide vacuums?  What's the output of the following
command?

SELECT datname, age(datvacuumxid), age(datfrozenxid) FROM pg_database;

> .psql_history doesn't display anything useful, just some queries
> that I ran today and yesterday. I looked at /var/log/messages and
> /var/log/syslog, and there aren't any zipped backups in the directory,
> which makes me suspicious.

When was the last time you saw those zipped files?  Do you know for
sure that your system does that?

Who all has access to the server?  Could somebody have dropped the
schema without your knowing about it?

> The files contents are:
[...]
> Feb 22  9:58:13 ** All firewall rules applied **
> Mar 10 06:25:52 imperial syslogd 1.4.1#10: restart.
> Mar 10 06:30:13 imperial postgres[6330]: [9-1] ERROR:  schema "customer" does not exist

Is the gap between 22 Feb and 10 Mar expected?  What made syslogd
restart?  Is that an unusual event for that time?  Any hardware
problems?  Full disk?  Has anything else out of the ordinary happened
on that system lately?

--
Michael Fuhr