BUG #2310: "ALTER TYPE name OWNER TO new_owner" not working

От eKo1
Тема BUG #2310: "ALTER TYPE name OWNER TO new_owner" not working
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      2310
Logged by:          eKo1
Email address:      bernd@tti.hn
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.3
Operating system:   Linux Fedora Core 3
Details:

I have the following function that displays the relation-like objects owned
by a user in a given schema:

create or replace function fn_show_owned(text, text)
returns setof text as $$
declare
    v_user alias for $1;
    v_schema alias for $2;
    v_rec record;
begin
    for v_rec in select relname from pg_class, pg_namespace, pg_user
    where pg_namespace.oid = relnamespace and
    nspname = v_schema and
    relowner = usesysid and usename = v_user
    loop
        return next v_rec.relname;
    end loop;

    return;
end;
$$
language plpgsql;

Here is what I did to confirm that "ALTER TYPE name OWNER TO new_owner" is
not working:

testdb=# select * from fn_show_owned('bernd','public');
 fn_show_owned
---------------
(0 rows)

testdb=# create type MyType as (a int);
CREATE TYPE
testdb=# select * from fn_show_owned('bernd','public');
 fn_show_owned
---------------
 mytype
(1 row)

testdb=# alter type MyType owner to wiki;
ALTER TYPE
testdb=# select * from fn_show_owned('bernd','public');
 fn_show_owned
---------------
 mytype
(1 row)

testdb=# \c - wiki
You are now connected as new user "wiki".
testdb=> select * from fn_show_owned('wiki','public');
 fn_show_owned
(0 rows)

As you can see, changing the owner does nothing. If I do the above for a
table, it works fine, so I'm pretty sure this is a bug.

I also tested this in 8.1.2 on the same FC3 machine and in 8.1.1 on CentOS
3. I get the same results.