Re: Data corruption zero a file - help!!

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Data corruption zero a file - help!!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 12:29:17PM +1100, Noel Faux wrote:
> Thanks for all your help Michael, we wish to do a vacuum and dump before
> the upgrade to 8.02.

8.0.7 and 8.1.3 are the latest versions in their respective branches;
those are the versions to run to get the latest bug fixes.

> Do you believe this data corruption is a postgres issue of an
> OS / hardware issue?

Beats me; it could be any or all of them.  Certain filesystem and
hardware configurations are more prone to data corruption than
others, especially in the event of a system crash, so those are
among the usual suspects.  One reason to look at the data in the
bad block is to see what's there: if you see data that obviously
came from outside the database then that would tend to exonerate
PostgreSQL.

--
Michael Fuhr

Сообщение: Re: Data corruption zero a file - help!!
Сообщение: Re: Data corruption zero a file - help!!