Re: Is TG_NARGS/TG_ARGV just legacy, or what?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Is TG_NARGS/TG_ARGV just legacy, or what?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew,

> It does have the advantage that you can call a single trigger function
> with variable argument types/numbers. "Fixing" it would involve an
> unknown amount of legacy breakage.

Yes ... I don't see a good way to maintain legacy compatibility.

Triggers seem like the least useful place to have variable-argument
functions, though.   And it is inconsistent with how we use functions
everywhere else, as well as in violation of the SQL03 standard on CREATE
FUNCTION (don't know what the standard says about triggers, though).

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions