Is TG_NARGS/TG_ARGV just legacy, or what?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Is TG_NARGS/TG_ARGV just legacy, or what?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Folks,

I was just building something and noticing the peculiar structure we've
given to arguments to trigger procedures.  Instead of declaring them
normally, we pass them through the variables TG_NARGS and TG_ARGV[].  This
is inconsistent with the entire rest of Postgres, as well as making it
hard to validate passed constants (e.g. if you pass the wrong number of
arguments, you won't know it until execution time).

Is there some sound technical reason not to use the standard argument
declaration, or is this just something we've overlooked fixing?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions