Re: PostgreSQL User Map

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: PostgreSQL User Map
Дата
Список pgsql-www
FWIW I was just dusting off my google maps code about two nights ago.  After
looking over a bunch of things I was planning to just go with my original
scheme which was integrating a google maps interface into the postgresql
website.  I tend to favor this over the different external solutions we have
seen, and even though its not postgis based, which I know a lot of people
would like, it's not like it's an anti-postgresql oriented solution, and we
don't really need to have that much complexity in there, at least not
initially; we can do developers, support companies and sponsors all with out
it.  The one idea I have seen that was really slick was the tagging of the
email lists onto a map, and even this could probably be done using google
maps if we can get the ip->geocoordinate mapping worked out.

Hmm.. all that said there is one thing I needed to test before I could commit
what I have now. If there aren't any objections I'll proceed with that plan.

--
Robert Treat