Exception: An I/O error occured while sending to the backend

От Jan de Visser
Тема Exception: An I/O error occured while sending to the backend
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hello,

While doing performance tests on Windows Server 2003 I get the following:

An I/O error occured while sending to the backend.
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: An I/O error occured while sending to the
backend.
        at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:214)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:430)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:346)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:250)

In my server log, I have:

2006-03-02 12:31:02 5692 6436342 LOG:  could not receive data from client: A
non-blocking socket operation could not be completed immediately.

At the time my box is fairly heavy loaded, but still responsive. Server and
JBoss appserver live on the same dual 2Ghz Opteron.

A quick Google told me that:

1. More people have seen this.
2. No solutions.
3. The server message appears to indicate an unhandled WSAEWOULDBLOCK winsock
error on recv(), which MSDN said is to be expected and should be retried.

Is this a known bug?

jan

Jan de Visser                     jdevisser@digitalfairway.com

                Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!