Re: a web framework for postgresql?

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: a web framework for postgresql?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wednesday 01 March 2006 14:54, falcon wrote:
> P.S. I actually don't think the kind of framework I am looking for
> exists (oracle has html db, but I haven't been able to study it yet).
> And I should add that I realize theoretical Relational Dbs are
> different from modern implementations, but we still have a base to work
> on.

If your up to doing experimentation, you could see about combining one of the
pl langs and tie them into one of the various web application frameworks. I'm
thinking you could try making plruby functions that use rails, or possibly
rigg something up in plpython with django or turbogears. It's all very
handwavy, but since you can use gems inside of plruby, who knows... you'd
have to figure out how to actually server web requests back and forth from
within the db... really it doesnt seem worth it to me, but you might be able
to get something together.

--
Robert Treat

Сообщение: Re: Need a GNU SQL CLI tool for Win32 with ODBC support.
Сообщение: Re: Need a GNU SQL CLI tool for Win32 with ODBC support.