Re: pg_config, pg_service.conf, postgresql.conf ....

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: pg_config, pg_service.conf, postgresql.conf ....
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Monday 27 February 2006 19:59, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > My frustration level often kills any desire to contribute to open
> > source. Sometimes, I think that open source is doomed. The various
> > projects I track and use are very frustrating, they remind me of
> > dysfunctional engineering departments in huge companies, it is very hard
> > to positively discuss any new ideas. The first response is always some
> > variation on "no."

> Well, if you weren't a regular I'd be more encouraging.  But you already
> know how things work here, so we can give you a hard time.    I'll point
> out the year-long argument over the newsysviews for the contributors, the
> two-year long process for 2PC, etc.

For what it's worth, I've been longing for a multiple cluster multi-version
capable centralized startup and control mechanism for at least five years,
and I think the archives would bear this out.  I just have never had the time
to implement it, and it was always an RPM-centric thought plan for me.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology