Re: bug in PG_VERSION_NUM patch

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: bug in PG_VERSION_NUM patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > OK, I reread the manual page:
>
> >        As  each input record is read, gawk splits the record into
> >        fields, using the value of the FS variable  as  the  field
> >        separator.   If FS is a single character, fields are sepa-
> >        rated by that character.  If FS is the null  string,  then
> >        each  individual character becomes a separate field.  Oth-
> >        erwise, FS is expected to be a  full  regular  expression.
>
> Hpmh.  The HPUX man page for plain awk says
>
>           -F fs          Specify regular expression used to separate
>                          fields.  The default is to recognize space and tab
>                          characters, and to discard leading spaces and
>                          tabs.  If the -F option is used, leading input
>                          field separators are no longer discarded.
>
> which makes me think we are treading on mighty thin ice here --- there
> are lots of different versions of awk around, and some of them are
> probably going to treat -F '.' as a regexp.
>
> I'd suggest splitting the input with something more standardized.
> Perhaps
>
> sed 's/\./ /g' | $AWK '{printf ...

Good idea, new code applied:
# Supply a numeric version string for use by 3rd party add-ons# awk -F is a regex on some platforms, and not on others,
somake "." a tabPG_VERSION_NUM="`echo "$PACKAGE_VERSION" | sed 's/[A-Za-z].*$//' |tr '.' '    ' |$AWK '{printf
\"%d%02d%02d\",$1, $2, (NF >= 3) ? $3 : 0}'`"AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(PG_VERSION_NUM, $PG_VERSION_NUM, [PostgreSQL version as
anumber])

--  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us SRA OSS, Inc.   http://www.sraoss.com