Re: rotate records

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: rotate records
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 09:14:59 +0530,
  "Jeevanandam, Kathirvel (IE10)" <Jeevanandam.Kathirvel@honeywell.com> wrote:
> Hi all,

Please don't hijack existing threads to start new ones. This can cause
people to miss your question and messes up the archives.

Performance questions should generally be posted to the performance list.
I have redirected followups to there.

> I am facing performance issues even with less than 3000 records, I am
> using Triggers/SPs in all the tables. What could be the problem.
> Any idea it is good to use triggers w.r.t performance?

A common cause of this kind of thing is not running vacuum often enough
leaving you with a lot of dead tuples.

You should probably start by doing a vacuum full analyse and then showing
the list some problem query sources along with explain analyse output
for them.