Re: How to enable remote anoymous logins? (+ admin books?)

От
Тема Re: How to enable remote anoymous logins? (+ admin books?)
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
   Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 06:50:51 +1300
   From: "Andrej Ricnik-Bay" <andrej.groups@gmail.com>

   On 2/28/06, kynn@panix.com <kynn@panix.com> wrote:

   > Is it possible to require that the password be the user's e-mail
   > address?  Does the server keep record of all connections?
   How is it anonymous if you require his password?

I meant "anonymous" in the same spirit as "anonymous FTP", which often
requests an e-mail address as password.  I realize that often it is
possible for users to enter anything in response to this request, but
it is still helpful with users who choose to satisfy the request.

   > Are there any good books for this?  Or other resources for
   > the novice dbadmin?  I'm particularly interested in stuff on
   > administering PostgreSQL on Linux/Unix.
   There's a couple ... have a search on Amazon for PpostgreSQL

That was my initial approach, and I ended up with a book that did not
answer the questions I just posted.  Hence I thought I would ask those
with more knowledge for some specific recommendations.

kj