Re: Regarding PL/SQL with C

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Regarding PL/SQL with C
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 09:24:33AM +0530, Krishnaprasad wrote:
>          thanks for ur input... I tried with *PQconnectdb* also. But
> still it is showing connection error
> when I tried with PQErrorMessage it is coming as below.
>
> *FATAL:  IDENT authentication failed for user "postgres" ...

What operating system user is the program running as?  What connect
string are you using now (the previous one was erroneous)?  Does
pg_hba.conf have an ident map that would allow the operating system
user to connect to the specified database as the specified database
user?

If you're not sure how to check pg_hba.conf then see the "Client
Authentication" chapter in the documentation, in particular the
"Ident-based authentication" section:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/client-authentication.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/auth-methods.html#AUTH-IDENT

--