Re: constraints and sql92 information_schema compliance

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: constraints and sql92 information_schema compliance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Clark,

> So it would seem that naming rules for constraints in PostgreSQL
> isn't exactly compliant with SQL92.  I'm curious what sorts of
> constraints are enforced...

Correct.  Our uniqueness on constraints is:
schema_name | table_name | constraint_name

We're aware that it's a violation of SQL92, but there's no way for us to
change it now without making it very hard for people to upgrade.  And,
frankly, aside from the very occasional information_schema complaint,
nobody seems to care.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus