Re: Blog post on EnterpriseDB...maybe off topic

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Blog post on EnterpriseDB...maybe off topic
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Folks,

> What they don't say is whether that is a 50% speed up from the
> default settings or a 50% increase from a carefully hand tunes file.

AFAIT, most of their performance speed-up comes from two sources:
1) a carefully hand-tuned compile of Postgres using ICC, and
2) Improving on the default postgres.conf params.

BTW, they have set up 3 pgfoundry projects to contribute some-but-not-all
of their improvements to the community, and have actively sought feedback
from me, Bruce, Simon and others on how and what to contribute.  They also
paid for Alvaro's work on shared locks.

So if that code has been slow in coming, that's due to their staff being
overcommitted (it's a start-up).

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus