Re: BUG #2257: Can' stop server while autovacuum is running

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: BUG #2257: Can' stop server while autovacuum is running
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:
> "Evgeny Gridasov" <eugrid@fpm.kubsu.ru> writes:
> > autovacuum process (when active) did not respond to kill (TERM). Only kill
> > -9 helped to stop autovacuum process.
>
> autovacuum does respond to shutdown requests, but in poking at this I
> found that btree index vacuuming may fail to notice a pending interrupt
> for long periods, if you've got large indexes.  I've committed a fix
> for that.

Good catch.  I have heard index creation doesn't cancel easily, but
never investigated.

--
  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us
  SRA OSS, Inc.   http://www.sraoss.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Problem with dump/restore and inheritance
Сообщение: Re: Problem with dump/restore and inheritance