Re: PostgreSQL unit tests

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: PostgreSQL unit tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Treat wrote:

> You could check into what spikesource has been doing.  I believe they mostly
> just piggyback off of our regression tests for postgresql core, but there
> might still be something that could be built upon.  If you look at this url
> http://developer.spikesource.com/spikewatch/index.jsp?show=component-results&comp-id=22074
> the actual success information isnt terribly exciting but the "code coverage"
> url shows something of more interest. There is more stuff if you dig around a
> bit.

This can't be right.  The report for function coverage shows 100% for
all utf8_and_*.c files, at the end of the listing.  Notice how "C/D
coverage" (I don't know what it means but I assume it's somehow computed
per lines of code or something) is 0, which is probably the correct
result, because our regression tests do not test charset conversions at
all.

I think the bug may be that they use function names to see what is
actually tested ...

IIRC Gavin Sherry gave a URL to a test coverage result some centuries
ago.  The only thing that I remember about the result was that it was
surprinsingly low (IMHO at least).