Re: protocol, md5 authentication

От James William Pye
Тема Re: protocol, md5 authentication
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 08:22:51AM -0600, Josh Close wrote:
> What is the correct way of MD5 authenticating?

libpq implements it properly. I'd suggest looking at the client source.

Also, I *think* I have this working correctly in my PQueue module, so if you
don't mind a little Python:
 import md5 pw = md5.new(self.password + self.keywords['user']).hexdigest() pw = 'md5' + md5.new(pw +
authmsg.salt).hexdigest()

self.password is the password given by the user.
self.keywords['user'] is the user name.
authmsg.salt is the salt given by the server.

Where 'pw' is sent back to the server in a Password message.
(mrm, can't remember if/when I tested this.. =\)
--
Regards, James William Pye