Re: Adding an ignore list to pg_restore

От Martin Pitt
Тема Re: Adding an ignore list to pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Tom!

Tom Lane [2006-02-18 14:34 -0500]:
> Hm.  Rather than a variant of the -L facility (which is hard to use,
> and I don't see your proposal being much easier), maybe what's wanted
> is just a flag saying "don't try to restore data into any table whose
> creation command fails".  Maybe that should even be the default ...
> and you could extend it to indexes and constraints on such tables too,
> as those would likely end up being duplicated as well.

This comes close to my alternative proposal, it sounds fine to me.
I'll try to come up with a reasonably clean implementation and report
back then.

Thank you, and have a nice Sunday,

Martin

--
Martin Pitt              http://www.piware.de
Ubuntu Developer   http://www.ubuntulinux.org

От: Tatsuo Ishii
Сообщение: Re: possible design bug with PQescapeString()