Domains and supporting functions

От elein
Тема Domains and supporting functions
Дата
Re: Domains and supporting functions  (Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I've got a domain based on a text type.
I've overridden the equal operator with
lower(text) = lower(text).

I created a table containing my new domain type
and can see that the equals operator is not
being used to determine uniqueness.

What do I need to do to force the UNIQUE constraint
to use the equals function?  Is sort going to ignore
the > and < I've defined for this type, too?

Must I create an opclass and create the UNIQUE index
separately from the table creation?
This seems extreme when what I really want to do is to
override the basic comparing functions.

If this is the way domains really are, I would strongly suggest
expanding create domain to merge with create type (under) and
allow us to list the basic functions.

--elein
elein@varlena.com

Example;

--
-- check constraint isemail for email base type
--

$$ language 'plperl';

--
-- create type email under text
--

--
-- Equals: lower(text) = lower(text)

create operator = (  PROCEDURE = email_eq,  LEFTARG = email,  RIGHTARG = email
);
create table aliases (  email email UNIQUE PRIMARY KEY,  lname text
);

\echo expect PK ERROR
insert into aliases values ('pk@email.com', 'PK');
insert into aliases values ('PK@email.com', 'PK');