Re: Adding an ignore list to pg_restore

От Martin Pitt
Тема Re: Adding an ignore list to pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Tom!

Tom Lane [2006-02-18 13:32 -0500]:
> Martin Pitt <mpitt@debian.org> writes:
> > The core problem is that we want to not restore objects (mainly
> > tables) in the destination database which already exist.
>
> Why is this a problem?  It's already the default behavior --- the
> creation commands fail but pg_restore keeps going.

The problem is that pg_restore would restore the TABLE DATA object,
although we don't want that (the postgis specific tables are
pre-populated by PostGIS itself, and should not be altered by the
upgrade.

(Stephen knows the details of PostGIS).

Thanks,

Martin
--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?