Re: Updated email signature

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Updated email signature
Дата
Re: Updated email signature  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Updated email signature  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Friday 17 February 2006 20:44, Michael Fuhr wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 09:35:32PM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > Sorry, I was still in Junior High in '82 :(  Man, you are *old* :)
>
> Anybody know some reasonable postgresql.conf settings for a system
> that starts up with
>
>   Cass?
>   Memory Size?
>
> 'cuz I still have one :-)

And running xtrs, anyone can have one.

I go (TRS-80-wise) a little earlier than that, as my first documented Usenet
post asserts:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.folklore.computers/browse_thread/thread/aedd5baeb2e4e6ba/af8a503f1a33a192?lnk=st&q=%22lamar+owen%22&rnum=16&hl=en#af8a503f1a33a192

Prior to that I did some FIDO with a TRS-80 odel 16B under Xenix System III.

In 1982 I was doing hexadecimal machine code on that TRS-80 Model III, whose
non-disk boot lines you quote.   My favorite Z80 joke:
01FFFF
110100
210000
EDB0
(Punchline: one-track mind.)

PostgreSQL in 48K?  Ouch.  What's wild is that the level-1 cache on my current
processor is larger than that...

So, as to Usenet, earliest documented date is May 1992. Ran a leaf node with
Waffle for a while, then an AT&T 3B1 later, running C News and SMail.

So, Tom, did you enjoy being linked with the Backbone Cabal?  What part did
you play in the Great Renaming?

Man, this is totally off-topic, but a fun distraction...
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology