Re: [HACKERS] qsort again (was Re: Strange Create Index

От Steinar H. Gunderson
Тема Re: [HACKERS] qsort again (was Re: Strange Create Index
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 12:05:23AM +0100, PFC wrote:
>     I would have said a 64 bit int, but it's the same idea. However it
>     won't  work for floats, which is a pity, because floats fit in 64 bits.

Actually, you can compare IEEE floats directly as ints, as long as they're
positive. (If they can be both positive and negative, you need to take
special care of the sign bit first, but it's still doable.)

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] qsort again (was Re: Strange Create Index
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] qsort again (was Re: Strange Create Index