Re: one table from the db on a separate drive

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: one table from the db on a separate drive
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 11:25:03AM +0530, Pradeep Parmar wrote:
> how can i place a table from my db on a separate drive than the whole
> database. I have 2 HDD in my system and my db resides on one of them. i want
> to move a single table from one hdd to another on the same system.
> Is it posible? if yes, how??

What version of PostgreSQL are you using?  If 8.0 or later then
check out tablespaces and ALTER TABLE SET TABLESPACE.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/manage-ag-tablespaces.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/sql-altertable.html

--
Michael Fuhr

Сообщение: Re: one table from the db on a separate drive
Сообщение: Re: one table from the db on a separate drive