Re: Analyze and vacuum, they are sort of mandatory....

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Analyze and vacuum, they are sort of mandatory....
Дата
Re: Analyze and vacuum, they are sort of mandatory....  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Mark Woodward wrote:
> My question was based on an observation that ANALYZE and VACUUM are
> nessisary, both for different reasons. The system or tools must be
> able to detect substantial changes in the database and at least run
> analyze if failing to do so would cause PostgreSQL to fail badly.

Yes, that is what autovacuum does.  It detects changes in the database
and runs analyze if failing to do so would cause PostgreSQL to behave
badly.  I don't know why it's not turned on by default.  You could
argue about that.  But I don't know what else you are looking for.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Сообщение: Re: Analyze and vacuum, they are sort of mandatory....
Сообщение: Re: Analyze and vacuum, they are sort of mandatory....