Re: Feature request - Add microsecond as a time unit for interval

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: Feature request - Add microsecond as a time unit for interval
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 10:30:30AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> David Tulloh <david.tulloh@anu.edu.au> writes:
> > To insert microseconds I have to use the following line, ($1*0.000001 ||
> > ' seconds')::interval
>
> Actually, the preferred way to do that is to use the numeric-times-interval
> operator, eg
>
> regression=# select 7 * '0.000001 second'::interval;
>     ?column?
>  00:00:00.000007
> (1 row)
>
> This generalizes to any scale factor you care to use, eg fortnights...
> so I don't see a pressing need to add microseconds.

Something that's always struck me about intervals in PostgreSQL is the
how obtuse it is to generate one. Is there some reasonable way we could
add support for something like interval('7 microseconds')? Or perhaps
seconds(0.000007)?