Re: Schema search for default operator classes (was: [ADMIN] Cross schema Primary Key Indexes problem with datatype in the public schema)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Schema search for default operator classes (was: [ADMIN] Cross schema Primary Key Indexes problem with datatype in the public schema)
Дата
Ответ на Schema search for default operator classes (was: [ADMIN] Cross schema Primary Key Indexes problem with datatype in the public schema)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Ответы Re: Schema search for default operator classes (was: [ADMIN] Cross schema Primary Key Indexes problem with datatype in the public schema)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Given that we only allow one default opclass for a datatype regardless
> of schema (see DefineOpClass), it's not really necessary for
> GetDefaultOpClass to restrict its search.  I can think of some corner
> cases involving multiple binary-compatible-datatype matches where the
> restriction might give a unique answer when an unrestricted search would
> not, but I kinda doubt this would ever arise in practice.

How about doing the constrained search first, and revert to the
unconstrained behavior if it doesn't find the desired opclass?

Сообщение: Re: User Defined Types in Java
Сообщение: Re: User Defined Types in Java