Re: Upcoming re-releases

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Upcoming re-releases
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> >> Any pending patches out there for the back branches?
>
> > I'd really like to see the multiple DB connections with different
> > Kerberos credentials go in to 8.1.3.
>
> That's a new feature, not a bug fix.  I'd be against back-patching it
> even if it had been in HEAD long enough to get some meaningful amount
> of testing ... and since it's not even in HEAD yet ...

It's a bug.  PostgreSQL properly supports using different authentication
credentials across seperate pg_connect()'s for all of the other
authentication types.  The only reason it doesn't for Kerberos is because
of improper use of static variables which aren't reset between the
authentication requests.  The patch fixes this and cleans up the
static variable handling.
Thanks,
    Stephen