Re: Storing Digital Video

От Albert Cervera Areny
Тема Re: Storing Digital Video
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
A Dimecres 01 Febrer 2006 01:32, Rodrigo Madera va escriure:
> I am concerned with performance issues involving the storage of DV on
> a database.
>
> I though of some options, which would be the most advised for speed?
>
> 1) Pack N frames inside a "container" and store the container to the db.
> 2) Store each frame in a separate record in the table "frames".
> 3) (type something here)
>
> Thanks for the help,

What if you store meta data in the database and use some PL/Python/Java/Perl
functions to store and retrieve video files from the server. The function
would store files to the files system, not a table. This avoids the need for
a file server for your application while making your relational queries fast.

Any experiences/thoughts on this solution?