Re: incorrect collation order in at least some non-C locales

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: incorrect collation order in at least some non-C locales
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sun, 5 Feb 2006, Martin Pitt wrote:

> Hi PostgreSQL developers!
>
> I recently got the email below and confirmed that I get the same
> broken collation order in de_DE.UTF-8 as the original reporter (who
> probably uses pt_PT.something). It works fine in C, though.

This is probably not "broken collation order" but instead how those
locales are defined. Many natural language locales are defined to not use
spaces in first pass ordering (like the ordering in a dictionary). Thus
the first pass strings are effectively, "SUEKO", "SUEE" and "SUET".

> System: Debian unstable, according to the reporter the bug does not
> happen under Windows.

The reason for that is that he has "C" locale under Windows.