Re: Backing Up

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: Backing Up
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
James Dey <james@mygus.com> schrieb:
> The problem is, when I restore my DB I get a lot of parser errors on the
> sequences and things like ERROR:  Relation "taxname_id_seq" does not exist
> ERROR:  Relation "taxdata_id_seq" does not exist
> ERROR:  Relation "taxlink_id_seq" does not exist
>
> This is on 7.3 red hat edition, restored from 7.3 normal edition.

7.3 is out of lifetime and has few errors, including errors with wrong
order of objects in backup-dumps.

You can try to list the objects in the dump with -l and manually reorder
this list and use pg_restore with -L new_list to solve the problem.
Read the man-page 'man pg_restore' and search for -l, -L now.

And, of course, upgrade your system!

HTH, Andreas
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."    (unknow)