Re: createdb: could not connect to database

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: createdb: could not connect to database
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Paul Smith <phhs80@gmail.com> schrieb:

> On 2/4/06, Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> > Did you start postgresql service?
> >
> > # service postgresql start
>
> Thanks, Devrim. After "service postgresql start", I get
>
> $ createdb mydb
> createdb: could not connect to database postgres: FATAL:  role
> "psmith" does not exist
> $

Create a database user:
Become root with su, then 'su - postgres', then createuser.

Read & edit the file 'pg_hba.conf'

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/client-authentication.html#AUTH-PG-HBA-CONF

HTH, Andreas
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."    (unknow)

Сообщение: Re: createdb: could not connect to database
Сообщение: Re: createdb: could not connect to database