PHP/postgreSQL

От vince@weaktight.com
Тема PHP/postgreSQL
Дата
Re: PHP/postgreSQL
Список pgsql-php
I'm running PHP/mySQL via a web hosting service.  I require my PHP scripts to
access an external PostgreSQL database.

I have the PostgreSQL server setup to accept connections from anyone:
[pg_hba_conf]

# TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD
host all all 0.0.0.0/0 trust

[--]

I've tested this connection via pgAdminIII and I'm able to connect using this
IP, but when I try to connect via php from the hosted webpage...

My php script is simple:

<?php
$conn_string = "host=24.85.82.xxx port=5432 dbname=PGSQL1 user=postgres
password=xxx";

$dbconn = pg_connect($conn_string);

if ($dbconn) {

print "Successfully connected to: " . pg_host($dbconn) . "<br/>\n";

} else {

print pg_last_error($dbconn);
exit;
}

pg_close($dbconn);
?>

But I'm foiled by:

Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not connect
to server: Operation timed out Is the server running on host "24.85.82.xxx" and
accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432? in
/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/weaktight.com/httpdocs/mytest.php on line 13

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm not very
experienced with any of this stuff.

Thanks.