Re: [PORTS] Failed install - libgen.so doesn't exist

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [PORTS] Failed install - libgen.so doesn't exist
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> should be working towards a project policy that AC_CHECK_LIB calls
> shalt not use "main", but must name some symbol exported by the
> expected library. If we can't find out what symbols the library is
> expected to provide, it's time to dike it out.

I took a first swing at this and rearranged some of these calls.

A couple of other findings:

nsl -- This might contain socket functions on some older platforms.

ipc, IPC, lc -- unknown

ld -- On AIX at least this seems to be some magic library but doesn't
have an obvious testable symbol.

compat -- could be anything, obviously

bsd, BSD -- I seem to recall that these and possibly compat are used by
Solaris to switch to BSD semantics on certain functions, but I don't
think we rely on that (anymore).

gen -- "generic" or "general", so this could be a lot, but it might
contain syslog on some platforms at least.

PW -- might be a compatibility library but none of the functions I found
are used by PostgreSQL.

resolv -- I don't think we need that.

--
Peter Eisentraut