copy

От Clifton Zama
Тема copy
Дата
Re: copy  (Christoph Della Valle <christoph.dellavalle@goetheanum.ch>)
Список pgsql-novice
Please help.

 Please correct :  copy tmp_table from supplier_merch.dat with delimiter '|';

ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "table" at character 6.

COPY table [ ( column [, ...] ) ]
    FROM { 'filename' | stdin }
    [ [ WITH ]
          [ BINARY ]
          [ OIDS ]
          [ DELIMITER [ AS ] 'delimiter' ]
          [ NULL [ AS ] 'null string' ] ]
COPY table [ ( column [, ...] ) ]
    TO { 'filename' | stdout }
    [ [ WITH ]
          [ BINARY ]
          [ OIDS ]
          [ DELIMITER [ AS ] 'delimiter' ]
          [ NULL [ AS ] 'null string' ] ]

.

I assume table stands for table name, and all the stuff in [] is optional.

I tried working this out at home, which is when I first learnt of it and
couldn't get it to work. I had to use some psql command equivalent which I
cannot remember correctly anymore, and cannot find in
"/usr/local/pgsql/bin/".

I don't know if it only exist in 8.0.