Re: Alternative to knoda, kexi and rekall?

От Michelle Konzack
Тема Re: Alternative to knoda, kexi and rekall?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Am 2006-01-25 17:01:39, schrieb Martijn van Oosterhout:
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 04:43:18PM +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am using PostgreSQL since more then 6 years now and for 1 1/2 years
> > "rekall".  Now there is a problem with the crapy QT and I have no
> > Frontend anymore which works WITHOUT (!!!) KDE or GNOME which I hate!
>
> You mean you want a frontend that does not use GTK+ or QT? Just plain

No, it can use GTK/GTK2/GTK+ but NOT KDE or GNOME.

> Xt or Athena? Good luck, as straight X toolkit is quite complicated
> compared to those two.
>
> I just use psql, but you appear to feel you need a graphical client.

Do you code/design your functions in psql too?

I have seen some (commercial) Windows GUIs which do the job.
You can create trigers and much more.  But I have not found
an equivalent for Linux.

> apt-cache search postgresql seems to suggest:
>
> dbengine - A plug 'n play Web interface for mySQL and PostgreSQL

No mercie, if you need to show a table with 20 and more rows,
you shoot yourself with Webinterfface.

> dbishell - Interactive SQL shell with readline support

I do not think, this is what I need.

> pgaccess - Tk/Tcl interface to PostgreSQL

This is waht I use currently, but it lakes on funktionatity

> sql-editor - editor of SQL databases, with 'join' capability

It can only edit the contents of an allready existing database.

In Summary:     pgAccess is the only one, but
                laking on a couple of features.

> Anyone know any other non-text based clients?

I think, I need a commercial tool but where and how to find?

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi

Сообщение: Re: Alternative to knoda, kexi and rekall?
Сообщение: Re: Alternative to knoda, kexi and rekall?