Re: Adding a --quiet option to initdb

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Adding a --quiet option to initdb
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > This warning was added because of security considerations AFAIR.  If the
> > intent is to make initdb super-quiet, we still have to have security in
> > mind.  So if you want it to not say anything by default, instead of
> > throwing a warning it should throw an error and refuse to continue;
> > unless a default password is specified or a --silently-enable-trust-auth
> > switch is passed, in either of which cases it can silently continue.
>
> There is 0 chance that we will design initdb to fail by default.

I disagree with the goal that it should be super-quiet anyway, so I
don't care anyway (and I also have scripts that work on the assumption
that it works by default.)

--
Alvaro Herrera                 http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/DXLWNGRJD34J
"Linux transformó mi computadora, de una `máquina para hacer cosas',