Re: Adding a --quiet option to initdb

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Adding a --quiet option to initdb
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
> I was playing with 8.2 RPM init script and thought that instead of
> directing the output to /dev/null, it would be better to use a
> command line option for that.

This is merely an opinion.  On what technical grounds would it be
"better"?

(I happen to agree with Greg's post that the init script shouldn't be
silent in the first place.  I'm also of the opinion that initdb
shouldn't be run from the init script, but that's a different topic.)

--
Peter Eisentraut

Сообщение: Re: Cleaning up the INET/CIDR mess
Сообщение: Re: Cleaning up the INET/CIDR mess