Re: Postgresql Segfault in 8.1

От Benjamin Smith
Тема Re: Postgresql Segfault in 8.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
OK, here's the output:

(gdb) continue
Continuing.

0x000000000043c82c in heap_modifytuple ()
(gdb)

// not very hopeful, I'd think //

Can I get a RHES/CENTOS PG 8.1 RPM with the symbols enabled? Unfortunately, I
don't think I can give out a dump of the DB (heavily constrained) because of
private customer information... and the query works *FINE* with different
datasets. There's something specific about THIS QUERY that's causing the
failure.

I'm going to try to get this to fail on another system that's not in
production use, though it's a uniprocessor P4.

-Ben

> Benjamin Smith <lists@benjamindsmith.com> writes:
> > What's the best way to do this? Take PG down (normally started as a
service)
> > and run directly in a single-user mode?
>
> No, just start a psql session in one window, then in another window
> determine the PID of the backend process it's connected to, and attach
> gdb to that process.  Something like
>
>         ps auxww | grep postgres:
>         ... eyeball determination of correct PID ...
>         gdb /path/to/postgres-executable PID
>         gdb> continue
>
> Now, in the psql window, do what's needed to provoke the crash.  gdb
> should trap at the instant of the segfault and give you another gdb>
> prompt.  Type "bt" to get the backtrace, then "q" to disconnect.
>
>             regards, tom lane
>
> --
> believed to be clean.

- XEROX PARC slogan, circa 1978