Re: Investigating IO Saturation

От: Andrew Sullivan
Тема: Re: Investigating IO Saturation
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Investigating IO Saturation  (Brad Nicholson, )
 Re: Investigating IO Saturation  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
  Re: Investigating IO Saturation  (Brad Nicholson, )
   Re: Investigating IO Saturation  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
 Re: Investigating IO Saturation  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: Investigating IO Saturation  (Chris Browne, )
  Re: Investigating IO Saturation  (Andrew Sullivan, )

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 02:43:59PM -0500, Chris Browne wrote:
> I believe it's 7.4 where the cost-based vacuum parameters entered in,
> so that would, in principle, already be an option.
>
> [rummaging around...]
>
> Hmm.... There was a patch for 7.4, but it's only "standard" as of
> 8.0...

And it doesn't work very well without changes to buffering.  You need
both pieces to get it to work.

Andrew Sullivan  |
In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.
                --Brad Holland