Postgresql/DBA/Sysadmin Consultant in Düsseldorf,Germany

От Janning Vygen
Тема Postgresql/DBA/Sysadmin Consultant in Düsseldorf,Germany
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

we are running a very popular german website[*] which has grown over the years
since 1995. We manage between 10 and 20 millions pageviews a month. We are a
small company and myself is responsible for programming, DBA, system
administration and hardware. I am a self-educated person since the beginning
of the internet. In last couple of months we encountered a lot of problems
with our postgresql installation which we couldn't handle appropiate. Most of
them are hardware related. There are lot of reasons why some things went bad.
We want to start over before things are getting worse.

I would like to talk to some professional Postgresql DBA personally (preferred
in german language). Of course we will pay for it. I don't want to talk to
sells personal, i want to talk to someone who really knows and has lots of
expierence. Some topics:

- which hardware to use
- where to place our hardware (data center)
- backup/failover strategies
- performance / postgresql.conf
- monitoring performance and system health

I had a meeting with sun consultants already and i will have another one. That
will be fine. But i would like to talk to some who is independent from
company selling things i could need.

If there is someone nearby who might help, please answer via personal E-Mail
(vygen@planwerk6.de). I guess we could meet very for a few hours and we will
see if further consultancy is needed.

kind regards,
janning

[*] which i not named to get not listed in google.de, but it's  called
w w w . k i c k t i p p . d e