Re: [GENERAL] Creation of tsearch2 index is very slow

От Steinar H. Gunderson
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Creation of tsearch2 index is very slow
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 04:50:17PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> I wonder if there is a way to improve on that.

Ooh, the farthest pair problem (in an N-dimensional vector space, though).
I'm pretty sure problems like this has been studied quite extensively in the
literature, although perhaps not with the same norm. It's known under both
"farthest pair" and "diameter", and probably others. I'm fairly sure it
should be solvable in at least O(n log n).

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/