Re: What is the maximum length of an IN(a,b,c....d) list in PostgreSQL

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: What is the maximum length of an IN(a,b,c....d) list in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 02:41:04PM +0000, frank church wrote:
> Is the value the actual length of the IN string, or is the maximum of the comma
> separated exressions?

The number of expressions.  If you set max_expr_depth to 10 then
ten 1-character values cause an error but nine 10000-character
values should be fine (tested on my 7.4.11 system).  I think the
same applies to 8.0 and later with max_stack_depth: the limit depends
on the number of expressions, not on the lengths of the elements.
At least that's what my tests seem to show.

--
Michael Fuhr