Re: Updates on updates

От Marc Herbert
Тема Re: Updates on updates
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 05:49:30PM +0200, Shachar Shemesh wrote:

> >But what happens if you lower the transaction isolation level to "read
> >committed"? do the assertions above still hold?
> >
> Dynaset views should remain updated outside of ANY transaction. In any
> case, we do not control the transaction isolation level. We are just a
> driver.

Sorry in advance if I misunderstand you, but a high isolation level
and a dynamic cursor are incompatible with each other. You cannot be
both isolated and aware of every update that's going on at the same
time. So you cannot just let the user enable snapshot isolation if you
want to implement a dynamic cursor.