Re: vacuum and routine maintenance docs

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: vacuum and routine maintenance docs
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 04:59:29PM -0600, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> Thanks.  Yeah, I'm thinking more of a very brief mention of what the FSM
> is, with a link to the other part of the docs that discuss it.  And then
> having a link (possibly in both places) or two to more in depth articles
> on fsm and fsm tuning.

Got the links...
http://www.pervasive-postgres.com/lp/newsletters/2005/Insights_opensource_Dec.asp#2
is general info about MVCC and why you need to vacuum.
http://www.pervasive-postgres.com/lp/newsletters/2005/Insights_opensource_Nov.asp#3
is all about the FSM (yeah, I kinda put the horse before the cart...)

I'm working on finding out if the community can use that text verbatim
without attribution, but if nothing else it might provide you with some
ideas.

Сообщение: Re: Patch for information_schema sgml file
Сообщение: Re: Patch for information_schema sgml file