Re: Image in postgresql 7.3

От Frank Finner
Тема Re: Image in postgresql 7.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

like Berend, I also store my PDFs in text columns, but I usually use base64 encoding. AFAICS this has the big advantage
versusBLOBs that I do not need to care about backup issues. The disadvantage of course is a bigger database (encoding
inflatesabout 30%), so if you have lots and lots of pictures, you might want to use an other method. Another (small)
disadvantageis that one has to encode/decode the binary files before storing/after retreiving.

Regards, Frank.

--
Frank Finner

Invenius - Lösungen mit Linux
Köpfchenstraße 36
57072 Siegen
Telefon: 0271 231 8606    Mail: frank.finner@invenius.de
Telefax: 0271 231 8608    Web:  http://www.invenius.de
Key fingerprint = 90DF FF40 582E 6D6B BADF  6E6A A74E 67E4 E788 2651

Вложения