Re: prepared statement results don't clear?

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: prepared statement results don't clear?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 03:37:14PM -0500, David Rysdam wrote:
> I have a Tcl function that does this:
>
> 1) create prepared statement for binary insertion via pg_exec (and
> releases the result handle)
> 2) run statement with binary data via pg_exec_prepared (and releases the
> result handle)
> 3) deallocate statement via pg_exec (and releases the result handle)
>
> When I try to run this function a couple hundred times, I get "had limit
> on result handles reached" after 128 successes.  It seems something is
> not being released.

Can you post a simple test case?  I can provoke "hard limit on
result handles reached" by not clearing results, but so far I haven't
seen that error if I do clear all results.

What versions of PostgreSQL, Tcl, and pgtcl are you using, and on
what platform?  I tested with PostgreSQL 8.1.2, Tcl 8.4.11, and
pgtcl 1.5 on FreeBSD 6.0.

--
Michael Fuhr