pg_dump throws no buffer space available error

От Vishal Dixit
Тема pg_dump throws no buffer space available error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I can only reproduce this error on windows 2000, on all other
operating systems it works fine. Sometimes I see "No buffer
space available error", other times I see "Socket not open
error".

In the database, besides other tables we have one table that
contains bytea type columns, we see the above error when the
copy command is executed for this table.

I put in some print statements in socket.c, it looks like the
pgwin32_recv() call times out waiting to read from the send
buffer. Since the execution of the query at the server for the
table containing bytea columns takes long time, there is nothing
at the server side buffer to send to the recv side which just
times out and throws socket not open error. I do not understand
the inner working of the recv() and send() data transfer. Can
someone explain it?. Also has any one else has seen this
problem?

Thanks.

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more