Re: Create/Erase 5000 Tables in PostGRE SQL in execution Time

От Uwe C. Schroeder
Тема Re: Create/Erase 5000 Tables in PostGRE SQL in execution Time
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I don't really know what you're trying to accomplish here, but dropping and
creating thousands of tables is never a good idea with any database system.
You can certainly do that, just don't expect any query to run at their best
performance. You'd need to at least do a vacuum before starting to query
those tables.
Can't you just leave the tables alone and populate them with records?
Looks like a bad design to me when you have to drop/create tables as part of
the regular operations.

--
    UC

--
Open Source Solutions 4U, LLC    1618 Kelly St
Phone:  +1 707 568 3056        Santa Rosa, CA 95401